This is why it is so important that not only should you have content on your site but you need to have relevant as well. You need to take the time to consider everything you put on your site. You do not want to end up having a site that does not make sense or provides the information that your potential customers are looking for. You do not want to have people commenting on how you have a nice site, but there was no useful information on there.
What You Should Include
You should as always make sure you are including the important information that is vital to your business on your site. Things to include are as follows.
- The vital statistics on your company, items such as location, ways to contact and what it is that you have to offer.
- Create a company history. Let your potential customers know who you are and how long you have been doing what you do.
- You will also want to include the products that you are offering or the reason for your business. This is essentially, why they came to your site in the first place. You should at least demonstrate a working knowledge of what you have to offer by way of the content on your site.
Regardless of what you like to think, people want to know about you and what it is you are about. At least as a small business, this is why it is so important to make sure that what you are telling them through your site is something that will not only keep their interest, but is viable and pertinent to what they are getting.
No matter what you are selling, offering or promoting on your site, if it is not blatantly clear people will leave. This is why it is so important to give such careful and critical consideration to what you are putting up on your page. It may be best to consult a few outside sources before you decide which content you want to put on your site. Once these propel provide input you will better be able to make final decisions in regards to what will be the best things for you to post.
Make sure that what you are posting is relevant and that it does not drag on too long. You need information that is quick and easy to read, preferably providing some sort of benefit to the visitor. Unless the information has relevance or is intriguing, your audience will be bored and click away, just like that! Any time you lose a visitor, you’ve lost a potential customer.
Creating content for your website doesn’t need to be a difficult process. Basically, talk about what your business does and all the knowledge you’ve collected in over the years in this industry. If you now what you’re talking about and the information is clear and precise for readers to easily understand, then the content you created will work very well for you.
- Here are a couple more tips for content creation on your website:
- Make sure it’s original. Search engines are not fans of duplicate content.
- Update the content on your website. Dynamic pages are the way to go, with constant updates and changes.
- Have an entertaining mix between videos, pictures and text. Maybe even slideshows!
Dotcomweavers are a team of professional web designers located in Paramus, New Jersey. We are committed to helping small and medium businesses find growth online. ASK DCW is your chance to ask questions, seek advice and get the knowledge you need to make your business successful in the online marketplace. Connect with us on Twitter (@dotcomweavers) or Facebook.